Kangaroo with Sweet Potato Mash and Pepper Gravy
4 Kangaroo Fillets 150g
750g sweet potatoes
1 tbs butter Milk
1 tbs Rosemary, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs plain flour
2 cups/ ½ pint of Milk
2 tbs butter
1 tbsp fresh black pepper
Salt to taste
1) In a bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, garlic and cracked pepper. Then marinate the Kangaroo fillets for an hour minimum. Set aside.
2) Peel and chop sweet potato and put in to lightly salted boiling water, continue to boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
3) Drain and mash the potatoes with butter, milk and a pinch of salt.
4) Pan fry the kangaroo fillets in a small amount of olive oil for approx 3 minutes each side. (Depending on the thickness of the meat and should be cooked to medium rare.)
5) Remove the fillets from the heat, wrap gently in foil and allow to rest for approx. 5 minutes.
6) In the same pan, whisk flour and milk together, add butter, pepper and salt. Cook on a medium heat until thickened, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Slice the kangaroo across the grain, serve on top of the sweet potato mash and drizzle with pepper gravy.